Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort


Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My First Day as a Blogger

Today I decided to start blogging despite the fact that I already have so many things to do. I think it might be interesting to capture some details of our lives in writing. I always wanted to blog but I was always either too lazy or didn't have time. Not that I have a lot of time now, but I will make time for it. :)

Since little I always wanted to know how to knit, well this is the influence of Japanese manga (comics book) I liked to read a lot. On these books the girls always almost all the time give some sort of knitted items for the guys they fancy. I thought that's romantic and very personal, knitting every single stitch with love and hope. But unfortunately living in a tropical country, knitting is not popular, no one in my family know how to knit. My mom and aunties are very good at crochet though. My aunty also has a craft shop which is one of the reasons I become how I am today. My love for crafts I think was greatly influenced by my time spent in the craft shop during school holidays. I moved to Sydney when I was a teenager and didn't learn knitting until around 3-4 years ago.

I was sitting in a train on my way to work when I saw a lady knitting a scarf sitting opposite me. I kept analyzing what she was doing and how it was done. It awoken my curiosity and desire to learn to knit. On the weekend I went to a beginner knitting class in the city, it was a 3 hour long class. from then on I didn't stop knitting.

I started to knit a lot of baby stuffs when I was pregnant with my first baby girl.  She is my source of inspirations and motivation.

These booties are one of the things I knitted for her when I was pregnant.



These booties were knitted using Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino yarn.  So soft... I added the picot lace to make them look even more girly.   These booties are so adorable, I was having fun embellishing them with roses.  I didn't know how to do ribbon embroidery at that time, so I bought ready made ribbon roses and just sewed them on.  I made several of similar Mary Jane types of booties with differnt colour yarns and embellisments.  They were quick to knit and the results were very satisfying.  However, one disadvantage of the Mary Jane type of booties, they don't stay on baby's feet for long especially if your baby is like mine, she likes to kick so much and she is so active.

No comments:

Post a Comment