Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort


Monday, April 23, 2012

Knitted Sweet Toy Bunny Just For Tiffany

I bought the pattern for this knitted rabbit from Mary Jane's Tearoom (MJT).  She has the cutest toy rabbit patterns.  I love her blog, the pastel colours and the beautiful photos.    This was not the first time I attempted to knit a toy.  The first time was when I was pregnant, I knitted a rabbit from one of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino books.  It didn't turn out well.  I also accidentally cut one of the ears with scissors, so the yarns unravelled.  It was quite a disaster.  But it didn't discourange me from trying to knit another toy.  I saw this pattern from Etsy, and fell in love with it straight away.  I bought all of the requird yarns as soon as I got the pattern.  The yarns were not available in Australia, so I had to order from the UK.  But I subtituted the grey baby alpaca yarn with another brand which had the same tension.  It took quite sometime to finish this project, as I didn't knit it continously.   In fact I just finished her jumper 2 days ago.  She looks much cuter with her jumper on, I must say.  I am very happy with the end result.  The colour of the bunny has faded a bit since I had finished it around a year ago.  Only the Jumper looks a bit new.  :)  My daughter who is now two years old, loves playing with her little bunny, so all the time and efforts are worth it.  Currently I am knitting antoher toy bunny from MJT called Anikka rabbit.  I think it is more difficult than the one I have knitted as it includes more details.  Let's see how I goes with this, will keep you updated. 

4 comments:

  1. This looks super cute, but maybe the bunny would look better when it's brown instead of dark grey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your site! You will be in our prayers and thoughts! Nice and informative post
    on this topic thanks for sharing with us.Thank you
    epoxy coatings
    glue removal
    floor levelling
    Polished concrete sydney
    concrete repairs
    concrete coatings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your site! You will be in our prayers and thoughts! Nice and informative post
    on this topic thanks for sharing with us.Thank you

    POLISHED CONCRETE SYDNEY
    CONCRETE RESURFACING SYDNEY
    FLOOR LEVELLING SYDNEY
    CONCRETE REPAIRS SYDNEY
    EPOXY COATINGS SYDNEY
    CONCRETE POLISHING SYDNEY

    ReplyDelete